Welcome to the website of the Crown Residents Against Sell Off campaign
Tenants in Victoria Park, Millbank, Cumberland Market and Lee Green estates are shocked to discover the Crown's plans to sell off our homes to private developers.
The motive for the sale seems to be pure profit, with the Crown citing its 'duty to maintain and enhance the value of the estate and the income it generates for UK taxpayers'. More...
Crown Estate proposes to sell affordable housing to Peabody. Leaseholder/Freeholder situation is unclear.
What Can I Do?
- make sure every window on your estate has a poster in it
- attend your local meetings and demos
- if you can help with newsletter/poster distribution etc, contact your local Residents' chair
- NEW! Newsletter 12 (.PDF)
- Hackney Gazette, 13th January 2011
- NEW! Two Sides Of The Coin - Inside Housing, 3rd December
- Read the letter from the Chairs of the Residents' Associations
- The Queen, Her Tenants And The Moneymen Who Want Them Out - Evening Standard, 21st September
- Boris Johnson Warns Crown Estate Over Sale Of Cheap Homes - Evening Standard, 1st September
- Letter (PDF) from the Chairs of the four estates to the Chair of the Crown Commissioners (Sir Stuart Hampson)
- Sir Stuart Hampson faces the GLA - please attend (Tuesday 8 June at 5pm in Committee Room 4, City Hall) or view the webcast later
- Hackney Gazette, 25th May
- Ham & High, 24th May
- Camden New Journal, 22nd May
- Crown Estate ignore residents' wishes and press ahead with the Sell Off. More on this soon...
- Press Release 22/5/2010 (.PDF)
- Read the Crown Estate Residents Consultation - Joint Response
- Press Release 19/3/10
- New Meetings
- Newsletter 5 (.PDF)
- Press Release 10/3/10
- Daily Mirror, 10th March
- Camden New Journal, 4th March
- Camden New Journal, 4th March II
- East London Advertiser, 9th March
- We have had constructive feedback from The Palace, so if you haven't written your letter to the Queen and Prince Charles yet, please do so and ask your neighbours too!
- Watch a video of the Adjournment Debate in the chamber of the Commons here!
- Watch a video of the Treasury Select Committee meeting on the Crown Estate here!
- Article in The Guardian, 3rd March
- Residents are welcome to attend the Treasury Select Committee meeting on the Crown Estate. This takes place on Wednesday 3rd of March at 2.30pm in the Wilson Room, Portcullis House, opposite Parliament. Please meet at 2pm outside Portcullis House. You can read our submission to the committee here (on page 98 if the link does not jump there automatically)
- Frank Dobson has succeeded in getting the Crown Estate proposal on to the adjournment debate in the chamber of the Commons on Thursday 4th March
- New Pictures
- Press Release 25/2/10
- Useful Addresses (.DOC)
- Latest Newsletter
- Treasury Sub-Committee Meeting re Crown Estate on 3rd March
- Advice on filling in the consultation form
- Advice for letter writers
- 200+ People Demonstrated at Millbank on Sat 20th!
- 240+ People Attended Meeting in Victoria Park on 18th
Victoria Park Crown Residentsí Association Emergency Meeting - 16th September
Support The Fundraising Appeal!
Crown Residents' Forum - Victoria Park
NEW! Newsletter 12 (.PDF)
Letter from the Chairs of the Residents' Associations
Help On Filling Out The Consultation Form
Help On Letter Writing
Keyworker to Employer/Keyworker Employer to Crown
Keyworker to Union/Union to Crown
Hackney Gazette, 13th January 2011
NEW! Inside Housing 3rd December
Evening Standard 12th October
Evening Standard, 21st September
Evening Standard, 1st September
Back To Main Page...
Last Updated: 28th February 2011