(match report 2.0, written in pub post-match with multiple user contributions. And video)
It should be noted that Jason Lord arrived at London Bridge station on time.
Four London Fielders headed to Brighton to meet Steve Donelan the day before a hotly anticipated game with Palmers CC of Hove.
Despite 4 hours sleep following a night dancing to LMFAO's Sexy and I Know It, all made it up for breakfast, and to the ground. They were joined by 7 further fielders for the match. The mathematically savvy amongst you will notice that this makes 12. Fortunately serendipity also turned up and Sheldon switched to Palmers, who only had 10.
It should be noted that Sheldon is a useful bowler and dismissed Steve Donelan just when it looked like we might snatch victory. Woops.
Anyway, back to more important things, like how badly Taz smelled. It's hard to accurately describe but imagine that you had synesthesia, he smelled like nails being scraped down a blackboard.
So, the game. Right, we bowled 1st. Stuart and Rob were good, but without luck. Turley got better, he also got a wicket. Ben and chris did too. Chris Rice bowled for a while, and then didn't. One of their guys hit 68. Taz bowled a few others at the death. They got 192 then we ate tea. It was nice. Thanks oppo!
We decided the best way to finish the game was to bat and see if we could reach the total. The section of the report covering that was going to appear here but Ben Sanders mentioned that his bowling of a maiden over should be recorded. Done.
Anyway, because of that we nearly missed the bit where Alec ran Ferny out. Steve almost completed two runs in the process. He got none. Alec maybe decided the best thing to do in the situation was get some runs. He did. Along the way he hit a brutal six. It was enormous. Bigger than Tyrone Graham's boobies. He got out on 43.
Lordy got runs, donelan did well too. Sharp ones among you will already know how he got out. We finished 8 runs short.
We then went to the pub. It was nice. As I type this, I have been waiting about 20 minutes for my pizza.
I asssume we then made it home, but this report was written before that happened.
The following contributions are made by squad members as a response to the above report...
- I'd like to report the Skinner for wacking people with his undies. Would have been a fine on a better policed tour. Who's with me?
- This is the best railway station pub I have ever been to. Best Guinness shamrock ever.
- The best Railway Station pub in the nation is at Stalybridge.
- Skinner was the gayest man on the dance floor in the Honey Club the previous night, which is an impressive feat in Brighton.
- There seemed to be two Ben Sanders thanks to one of the opposition doing a very good impersonation also in a Newbery sleeveless.
- Ferny arrived in good time for the game having travelled from York.
- It was decided that LFCC's favourite Mr. Men character is Mr. Tickle.